8mm 108 Picture Stone Beads Buddhist Prayer Jasper Rosary Mala
- A Japa mala or mala (meaning garland) is a set of beads commonly used by Hindus and Buddhists, usually made from 108 beads, though other numbers, usually divisible by 9, are also used. Malas are used for keeping count while reciting, chanting, or mentally repeating a mantra or the name or names of a deity. This practice is known in Sanskrit as japa. Malas are typically made with 19, 21, 27, 54 or 108 beads. In Tibetan Buddhism, traditionally malas of 108 beads are used. Some practitioners use malas of 21 or 28 beads for doing prostrations. Doing one 108-bead mala counts as 100 mantra recitations, the extra repetitions done to amend any mistakes in pronunciation or other faults of recitation. Malas are mainly used to count mantras. These mantras can be recited for different purposes linked to working with mind. The material used to make the beads can vary according to the purpose of the m...read more
- Manufacturer: OVALBUY
- More products from seller: Amazon
- Your price: USD 10.97(as of 2019-04-06 22:45 UTC - More info)
- As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Note: Prices are subject to change at anytime
Here some other interesting products: